Teach STEM in your Homeschool
Our free program uses common household materials for engaging STEM activities
STEM Playground is a free virtual STEM competition designed to prepare 3rd thru 5th grade students for STEM competition in a non-threatening environment.
Download our science activities and supplemental lessons to conduct with your homeschooled students and upload your scores to our database and compare them to classes from all over the globe.
Registration is open now!
What We Do
Why We Are The Perfect STEM Solution For The Homeschool
- No science background required! (In fact, we throw in supplemental curriculum material for you to teach from!)
- Extremely cheap materials, most of which can be found in the home.
- Go at your own pace. Do as many activities or as few as you like.
- Expose your kids to STEM competition while keeping them in a familiar environment.
- Built for the household on a budget, STEM Playground is 100% free.
- Through our post-activity discussion questions and writing activity, we use STEM to deliver English and math to the homeschooler.
Where We Are
STEM Playground began as a small pilot program for 10 schools but has grown to over 3000 schools worldwide!
See our map to find participating schools around the world!
Note to Homeschools: Your location will not be included in this map. Make sure to check the box that says “Is your school a home school?” during registration.
Explore Our Activities
How Our Competition Works
STEM Playground’s activities are designed to be completed by teams of two students and will have measurable results which you can compare with other classes globally, nationally, or even within your own community or school.
While you can compare results from just one activity, you can also compete in the cumulative League Challenge by completing all 12 designated League Challenge activities.
If you don’t want to compete but would rather just use our activities for your class’s enrichment, that’s fine too!
STEM Playground prepares elementary students for team-based STEM competition through activities designed to create excitement about STEM at an early age while assessing and developing the character traits required for effective collaboration. Through our online virtual STEM tournament, teachers conduct simple, inexpensive science-based activities with their two-student teams, then upload their scores to compare with other teams and classes around the globe.